The feature we call "NJCU Neighborhood" is a pictorial excursion of the campus of New Jersey City University and surrounding area. The campus, located between Kennedy Boulevard and Route 440, is bordered on the south and north by private residences. To the east and across the street from Hepburn Hall along Kennedy Boulevard are Synder High School, the A. Harry Moore School, a student residence, and Audubon Park.
Down Culver Avenue from Kennedy Boulevard to the west, one notices the expansion of the campus over the decades. These include the addition of Fries Hall to Hepburn Hall, and the Michael B. Gilligan Student Union Building. Down Audubon Avenue from Kennedy Boulevard, there is the Guarini Library, Vodra Hall, the Professional Building and student residence building. In the interior of this development are Rossey Hall and the Science Building.
On the northern side of Culver Avenue are the Fine Arts Building and the Athletic and Fitness Center. At the corner of Culver and West Side avenues is the Miss America Diner. North of the campus on West Side Avenue is evidence of old industrial plants that have been renovated and the recently installed West Side Avenue Station at Claremont Avenue on the NJ Transit Hudson-Bergen Light Rail.
Below the campus between Audubon and Culver avenues are attached town houses that were constructed after World War II. A few of the streets within the housing development have names associated with the founding of the University as a teacher certification institution or "normal" school in 1929. Also, between Audubon and Culver avenues to the foot of the hill at West Side Avenue is one of the first cooperative apartments in Jersey City called College Towers. Each building is named for a college or university.